124C S. Goose Creek Blvd
Goose Creek, South Carolina 29445
Ross E. Miller was born and raised in Charleston, South Carolina, attending Mason Preparatory School and Bishop England High School. Mr. Miller is a graduate of the College of Charleston and Tulane University Law School in New Orleans, Louisiana. While in law school Mr. Miller attended the University of the Aegean in Rhodos, Greece for extensive maritime legal training. Mr. Miller received a certificate in Admiralty Law from Tulane Law School’s Maritime Law Center, the preeminent maritime law program in the world.
Professional Background and Corporate Representation
Prior to founding Miller|Conway, Mr. Miller was general counsel for a travel brokerage firm headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. In this role, Mr. Miller directed the incorporation process, drafted all client and vendor agreements, and oversaw risk reduction measures to insulate the corporation from both external and internal risks. Mr. Miller began his career as an attorney in the enterprise risks practice group with Cozen O’Connor (Chicago office), an AmLaw Top 100 international law firm headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. During his time with Cozen O’Connor, Mr. Miller handled cases on behalf of Lloyd’s of London, Research In Motion, Adidas, Abercrombie & Fitch, Cafépress, Medtronics, Sikorsky Aircraft Corp and AIG Marine ranging from $200 million data theft and $50 million maritime and aviation matters to intellectual property disputes to smaller scale, contentious products liability lawsuits. Mr. Miller also acted as excess monitor on several matters on behalf of various excess insurers and as a consultant on behalf of several clients on highly complex intellectual property, punitive damages and wrongful death matters.
In his corporate practice, Mr. Miller crafted one of the first service level agreements (SLA) to be used by and between agents and independent contractors in the travel brokerage field. Additionally, through his work with Wirefree Consulting, an online ticket and social network, Mr. Miller is well versed in drafting and modifying sophisticated contracts and confidentiality clauses.
Mr. Miller continues to represent corporate clients ranging from international logistics companies, gaming corporations and textile producers to national healthcare companies to local small business entities. Mr. Miller prides himself on effective, aggressive and efficient representation keeping the client’s bottom line at the forefront of each matter.
Charleston Immigration Attorney
Charleston immigration attorney Ross E. Miller handles immigration matters ranging from complex corporate, employment and individual filings to removal and deportation proceedings throughout the Southeastern United States including South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Texas. Mr. Miller also represents immigration clients subject to removal before the Board of Immigration Appeals (appellate practice).
Mr. Miller continues to have great success adjusting status and achieving legal residence status in the United States for his clients. In addition, when conditions become volatile and his clients’ are subject to removal from this country, Mr. Miller is there to fight on behalf of his clients as Rescue Counsel. In this capacity, Mr. Miller, Charleston immigration attorney, has had success extracting his clients from federal immigration prisons and delaying or halting the removal process in United States Immigration Courts and before the Board of Immigration Appeals. Mr. Miller also aggressively represents clients seeking asylum, temporary protected status, deferred action or prosecutorial discretion in the U.S.
Mr. Miller is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and serves on the national Asylum and Refugee Liaison Committee. Mr. Miller has appeared and continues to appear on news programs and periodicals highlighting immigration issues within South Carolina and nationwide including El Informador, Universal Latin News and Comcast C2. For frequent updates on our country’s ever-changing immigration laws visit Miller|Conway News.
Goose Creek Divorce and Family Law Attorney
Mr. Miller handles a wide range of family law matters including divorce cases ranging from uncontested to the highly complex and contentious, child custody matters and child support matters. Mr. Miller typically maintains a fairly small famly law caseload at any given time in order to provide each case with the attention its deserves.
United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Tulane University Law School, Juris Doctor
College of Charleston, Bachelor of Arts
Professional Associations & Memberships:
American Bar Association, Member
South Carolina Bar Association, Member
Charleston County Bar Association, Member
Berkeley County Bar Association, Member
Tulane Law Ambassador
Regulatory Task Force | South Carolina Wind Energy Development
Charleston Lawyers Club, Member
American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member
American Immigration Lawyers Association, National Asylum & Refugee Liaison Committee
Yoga Benefits Kids, Member of the Board of Directors
Appearances and Publications:
“South Carolina Immigration Law”. Issues & Answers. Cheryl Harleston and Ross Miller. Comcast C2. October 24, 2011.
“Immigration Laws in South Carolina”. Sweet Carolina. Colette Harrington Schwoeri and Ross Miller. WLCN Lowcountry Network. March 5, 2012
“Entrvista al Abogado Ross Miller”. Universal Latin News. Marcela Rabens, Ross Miller and David Conway. Edition No. 166. July 20, 2012.
“Deferred Action”. Issues & Answers. Cheryl Harleston and Ross Miller. Comcast C2. October 23, 2012
Board of Immigration Appeals and U.S. Immigration Courts:
- Filed successful Motion to Reopen based on marriage to U.S. citizen following orders of removal and denial of asylum claims before the U.S. Immigration Court and Board of Immigration Appeals resulting in the case being reopened before the U.S. Immigration Court and resulting in client receiving conditional legal permanent resident status (conditional “green card”).
- Filed successful Motion to Reopen based on marriage to U.S. citizen following an order of removal and denial of previous attempt to adjust status based on a previous marriage to a U.S. citizen resulting in the case being reopened before the U.S. Immigration Court and resulting in the client receiving conditional legal permanent resident status (conditional “green card”).
- Convinced the U.S. Immigration Court to release on bond a client charged with multiple DUIs which resulted in the client obtaining permanent resident status.
- Convinced the U.S. Immigration Court to release on a bond numerous clients charged with criminal domestic violence resulting in said clients fighting for cancellation of removal while reunited with their families.
United States Customs and Immigration Services:
- Successfully adjusted status and obtained permanent residence for numerous clients from countries including Pakistan, Australia, Russia, Canada, Egypt, Israel, Ireland, England and Brazil.
- Successfully assisted clients from countries including Brazil, Philippines and Israel become naturalized U.S. citizens.
- Obtained U Visa status for victims of crimes including assault, battery, armed robbery and arson.